Most people love a good deal or a sale. They get excited when they have a great coupon for something they actually need. And we love friends and family discounts. So what is the key to saving money on car insurance? It’s not as complicated as you may think. Here are 7 ways we have found that save our customers money on their car insurance policies in Philadelphia.
- Get quotes from an Independent agent. Independent agents have access to many companies. They don’t write policies for just one company so their loyalty is to you, the customer. If your rate goes up or your needs change they can easily shop around for another insurance company. When you go with an Independent agent you are able to build a relationship. If you jump from one company to another, a new agent will not know you well enough to point out coverage or changes you may need.
- Be aware of the many discounts that are available to you. Different companies offer different discounts. Here are some of the discounts that are out there. Occupation & education, New car, multi policy, low mileage, good student, student away at school, safe driver, driver training, AARP defensive driving, accident forgiveness, paid in full, paperless and hybrid vehicle discount.
- Choose higher liability limits. Yes I said higher. If you go with state minimums you may pay more in the long run.
- Shop around. Insurance companies are not one size fits all. What may have been a good company for you 10 years ago….may not be good for your present situation. In today’s day there is no real reward for loyalty. Your car insurance does not go down simply because you have had the same policy for many years.
- When purchasing a new or used car call an agent to get a general idea of what the insurance will cost. Many new car buyers will simply buy the car to then find out the insurance is so high that there is no way they will be able to afford both a car payment and their car insurance payment.
- Be an educated consumer. Do your research. Find an agent that is a member of the Better Business Bureau and is a Trusted Choice Agent. If you choose the right agent they will guide you through purchasing car insurance.
- Don’t let your insurance go out of force or have a lapse. Make your payments on time to ensure consistent coverage.
If you take the time to do your research, ask questions and take your agents advice you can save hundreds of dollars a year on car insurance in Philadelphia. Make paying less for your car insurance in 2015 at the top of your to do list.read more